Przewodów, Poland is a small town located in the Silesian Voivodeship, which is in southern Poland. It has recently been in the news because of a Russian missile bound for Ukraine landed here. The area has a population of about 1,700 people and offers travelers an opportunity to step back in time and enjoy the natural beauty of this small village. Visitors can also explore some great museums and other points of interest that bring Przewodów history to life. The town was first established as a settlement for miners around the year 1250. In order to understand more about this intriguing location, we have compiled this brief guide on Przewodów, Poland.
Table of Contents
What to See in Przewodów, Poland
There are many interesting sights in Przewody that travelers can explore. Here are a few of the top points of interest in Przewodów, Poland.
- Wielka Lipa – This is a large lime tree that is approximately 1,000 years old. It is located on the edge of Przewodów and is one of the area’s most well-known landmarks.
- Old Castle Ruins – There are ruins of an old castle located above the town of Przewodów. Although it was destroyed by a flood in 1997, the castle remains are still worth exploring. Visitors can walk to the castle ruins from the town center and enjoy the view of the village from above.
- Przewodów Castle – y Castle is a Przewodów great historical attraction that is located just above the town center. The castle was built in the 16th century, and it is one of the few castles that survived World War II.
Przewodów Culture and History
Przewodów is considered to be one of the oldest villages in southwestern Poland. The town was first established as a settlement for miners around the year 1250. The name of the town translates to “string of ponds.” The town got its name from the fact that the old mining ponds are located along the old road to Gliwice. The economy of Przewodów is based on agriculture, the production of building materials, and coal mining. The residents of Przewodów were primarily engaged in farming and mining. Although mining was an important industry in the area, it was also very dangerous. During World War II, the coal mining industry in Poland suffered when the Nazi soldiers took over the mines. Many of the mines were flooded as a result of the floods in the area.
Where to Stay in Przewodów Poland
Przewodów is a small village, which means there are only a few places to stay. The following hotels are worth checking out if you plan on staying in Przewodów, Poland:
- Hotel Przewodów – This is a modern hotel located near the center of Przewodów. It is a great option for those who want to stay close to the action, but it does not have a lot of charm.
- Pensjonat Bursztynowy Dwór – If you are looking for a bit more charm, the Bursztynowy Dwór (meaning “pearl-like manor”) is a great place to stay. This historic manor has been converted into a charming guesthouse.
Foods to Try in Przewodów
- Bigos – Bigos is a traditional Polish dish that is often served at special occasions. It is a stew that is made with sauerkraut, mushrooms, and meat.
- Flaki – This is a traditional Polish dish made with sheep or cow tripe. It is usually served with potatoes and onions.
- Kopytka – Kopytka is a Polish dish that is similar to gnocchi. It is often served with a creamy sauce or goulash.
- Miod – This is a type of honey that is produced in southern Poland. It is often served with a variety of pastries and desserts.
Tips for Traveling to Przewodów
Przewodów is a small village, so it is very easy to get around on foot. Visitors can explore the town center by foot and can also walk to the nearby attractions. The town center is very walkable, however, visitors should avoid walking at night. Travelers can travel to Przewodów by car or by public transportation. Getting to Przewodów by car is very easy as the town is located near the A4 highway. Getting to Przewodów by public transportation is also easy as there are regular trains from Katowice, the nearby city.
Przewodów is a charming town that is located in southern Poland. The town is a great place to explore Polish culture and history, and it is also a great place for outdoor adventures. The nearby forests are great for hiking and exploring, and travelers can also enjoy the nearby lakes. Przewodów is a great place to visit any time of year and is worth exploring during any season.